Feet in Focus respects and upholds your rights to privacy protection under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. This policy describes how we manage any personal information we have about you.
What Personal Information about me does Feet in Focus hold?
Feet in Focus may hold the following information about you:
- name, address, telephone number(s)
- date of birth
- email address
- health information
- General Practitioner
- referring doctor and/or allied health practitioner
- religious beliefs or affiliations
- transaction details associated with services we have provided to you
- any additional information provided to us by you
- any information you provided to us through patient surveys
Feet in Focus will destroy or de-identify personal information due to redundancy after its legal obligations to retain the information have expired.
What does Feet in Focus do with my Personal Information?
We use personal information about you:
- to provide pedorthic treatment and care to you;
- to assist your treating doctors, nursing staff and other allied health professionals in providing medical and/or pedorthic treatment and care to you at our facilities;
- to assist with any calls you make to us;
- for our internal administrative requirements;
- to process funding claims;
- to provide information to Medical Practitioners, Registered Nurses and other Allied Health Professionals who provide necessary follow up treatment and ongoing care;
- to provide data in both an identified and de-identified form to State and National Government agencies in compliance with numerous legislative requirements;
and with your consent:
- Research & Development
- Service Planning
- To communicate promotional offers and special events
Feet in Focus will not disclose personal information about you to any person except on a confidential basis to agents that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing.
You may at any time opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for the operation of our business, eg regarding payment of your account).
Feet in Focus stores personal information:
- contained in paper based and other hard copy documents in a dedicated secure storage facility; and
- contained in electronic records in a secure environment.
Medical records are held in the strictest of confidence with limited access to relevant health professionals for the purpose of your care.
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by contacting our Clinic. You do not have to provide a reason for requesting access. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you may access it (eg post or collection).
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Questions regarding this policy, or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by Feet in Focus should be made in writing to the address below.
Feet in Focus
Unit 9, 64 Talavera Road,
Macquarie Park, NSW 2113.
Phone: 02 8964 1874
Web Related Privacy
In general, you can visit this site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information from you.
You may choose to give us personal information, such as your name, address, contact phone or email that may be needed, for example, to correspond with you or to request an appointment. We’ll use this information only for the purpose for which you provide it. We won’t give it or sell it to any other company.
We sometimes collect anonymous information from visits to our sites to help us provide better customer service. For example, we keep track of the domains from which people visit, and we measure site traffic levels. All this information is anonymous.
We collect anonymous information through the use of various technologies, including “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data that a Web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system. The site uses this information to optimise your experience on the site. If you object to this, you can turn off the cookies in your browser.
In this policy “personal information” and “health information” have the same meaning as under the Privacy Act. References to Feet in Focus are to “Patino Shoes Pty Ltd”, which has issued this policy.
This document represents our policy as at 16/09/2020. We may change this policy from time to time. Although we intend to observe this policy at all times, it is not legally binding on Feet in Focus in any way. From time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside the policy. Feet in Focus may do so, subject to any statutory rights you have under the Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.
Further information can be obtained by visiting The Office of the Privacy Commissioner.